Scheduling Elective Rotations
Electives Offered to Students Include:
Internal Medicine Selective (IM/Selective)
Nazareth Hospital: Cardiology, Gastroenterology, General Internal Medicine, Hematology/Oncology, Infectious Disease, Palliative Care
GME Visiting Elective Policy and Procedure
Purpose: To describe the process to be followed for arranging an elective rotation with medical students.
Process: The following is the procedure that is to be followed to setup an elective student rotation for medical students.
- Students interested in doing a four (4)-week elective rotation at Nazareth Hospital will contact the GME Administrative Coordinator at 267.350.7401 and will receive forms via email.
- Rotation slots will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis. Elective slots are limited.
- Students must have up-to-date immunization records, including a current annual influenza vaccination.
- Students must obtain appropriate signature from their Dean or Director of Student Clerkships certifying that he/she is in good standing in his school, has passed a criminal background check and eligible for the rotation.
- Student must sign “Acknowledgement of Our Values and Religious Directives” form that will be sent to them.
- Students must submit proof of medical health insurance.
- Students must submit proof of malpractice insurance from his/her school.
- Completed applications will be reviewed for final approval.