Millions of people suffer from sleep disorders, such as sleep apnea, insomnia and sleepwalking. Most sleep disorders can be treated. Proper treatment can only be decided after a patient’s condition has been fully and accurately evaluated. The Mercy Sleep Disorders team is led by physicians specializing in sleep disorders, with backgrounds in pulmonology and neurology.
Signs and Symptoms of Sleep Disorders
- Do you snore or gasp for air while you sleep?
- Are you always tired during the day?
- Do you nap or doze when you don’t want to?
- Do you have trouble falling asleep, or wake up during the night?
- Do you have leg discomfort or a need to move your legs that keeps you from falling asleep?
- Do you have restless legs?
- Do you sleep poorly?
If you answered “yes” to any question above, you may have a sleep disorder like sleep apnea or insomnia.