Transitional Care Unit
The 28-bed Transitional Care Unit at Nazareth Hospital (TCU) provides care that helps patients prepare to make the transition from an acute/inpatient hospital stay to home – safely and with appropriate follow-up.
Working in concert with patients, their families and an entire care team of professionals, Nazareth's TCU offers well-coordinated care that:
- enhances patient outcomes
- reduces the risk of readmission
- ensures that follow-up with primary care physicians and specialist occurs.
Your Care Team
Each patient relies on a multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals who work together to create an individual treatment plan to meet their needs. Your team may include:
- Social workers
- Physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Care coordinators
- Discharge planning coordinators
- Activity therapists
We begin planning for your discharge the day you arrive. Your discharge planning coordinator will work with you to ensure a smooth, supported transition home. Our care coordinators help patients work with their insurance companies.
In addition to providing each patient with individualized and well-coordinated care, the TCU at Nazareth has:
- 24-hour physician coverage
- Excellent nursing care
- Exceptional physical, occupational therapy and speech therapy
- Daily activity therapy
- A Congestive Heart Failure program certified by The Joint Commission
- IV therapy
- Anticoagulation therapy
- Comprehensive inpatient wound care
Because Nazareth's TCU is located within the hospital, we are able to provide acute care, transitional care and rehab services all under one roof, with skill, experience and compassion. Patients also have access to:
Innovative wound care including hyperbaric oxygen treatment at our wound center
- On-campus dialysis services
- Onsite Emergency Department services in case of emergent health needs
- A patient portal that provides real-time updates to patients’ primary care physicians and other specialty providers
Nazareth is easily accessible from both Roosevelt Boulevard and I-95, and offers free parking and valet service.
The TCU at Nazareth is:
- Accredited by the Joint Commission
- Licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health
- Recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a leading provider of sub-acute care