Recipe: Roasted Cauliflower and Chives
1 head cauliflower, cut into 2-inch pieces
½ tsp. garam masala
½ tsp. smoked paprika
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. onion powder
¼ tsp. sea salt
Olive oil spray
1 oz. (2 tbsp.) 1 percent milkfat, low-fat cottage cheese
1 tbsp. fresh chives
1 tbsp. honey
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with a silicone liner or aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together cauliflower, garam masala, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and sea salt together.
- Spritz lined cookie sheet with olive oil. Spread vegetables onto cookie sheet without crowding. Spritz again with olive oil.
- Roast for 12 minutes, remove from heat, and use spatula to flip over vegetables. Return to oven to roast another 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with cottage cheese and chives, then drizzle with honey. Broil at high heat for three to five more minutes, until cheese has melted.
Serves six; serving size is ½ cup. Each serving provides: 53 calories, 0.3 g total fat (0.1 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat), 0.2 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 11 g total carbohydrate, 3.8 g dietary fiber, 6 g sugars, 3.5 g protein.