Recipe: Baked Chicken and Cauliflower Croquettes
2 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked
1 cup frozen cauliflower “rice,” thawed
2 tbsp. minced fresh onion or 1 shallot
1 tsp. white or red wine vinegar
1 tsp. salt-free Italian seasoning
½ tsp. Dijon mustard
1/8 tsp. sea salt
1 egg white, whisked
1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. chickpea flour
olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Puree together chicken breast, cauliflower, onion, vinegar, Italian seasoning, mustard, and sea salt in food processor fitted with a standard blade.
- Form mixture into a ball. Squeeze excess liquid from ball, then form 12 1½-inch croquettes.
- Dip croquettes in egg white. Then roll croquettes lightly in chickpea flour.
- Line a cookie sheet with silicone baking mat, then spritz with olive oil spray. Place croquettes on sheet, evenly spaced apart, then spritz again with olive oil spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then gently flip over to other side. Bake for five minutes more.
Makes three servings. A serving is four croquettes. Each serving provides: 60 calories, 1 g fat (0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrates, 2 g sugar, 1 g fiber, and 9 g protein.