Thank you, Nancy Cherone, for your service
Nazareth Hospital recently said thanks and farewell to a trusted friend and leader—Executive Director Nancy Cherone—who retired July 1.
Nancy joined Nazareth in 2009 as vice president of operations. She was promoted to executive director in 2012. During her tenure, Nancy led Nazareth to many achievements. Among them:
- The expansion of the Cancer Center, including a new infusion suite
- The launch of Mercy Bariatrics
- New recognitions as a chest pain center and provider of emergency heart attack care
- Awards for patient safety and care
- Continued recognition for the stroke, heart failure and joint replacement programs
President and Chief Executive Officer Susan Croushore says Nancy will be missed. She notes Nancy’s leadership, compassion and humor. “Nancy’s desire and ability to impact people’s lives has been evident throughout her career,” Croushore says.
Croushore recalls what Nancy told the Philadelphia Business Journal in a profile of women healthcare leaders. When asked why she had entered healthcare, Nancy replied: “When I graduated, nursing was one of the few roles open to women that allowed us to impact people’s lives and healthcare. That appealed to me.”
Please join us in wishing Nancy a wonderful and well-deserved retirement.