Cancer care: Expect only the best
When you learn you have cancer, your head spins.
In a split second, life as you know it changes.
But one thing is quickly clear: You want the very best care possible.
And that’s just what you’ll find at Nazareth Hospital. You can count on highly skilled cancer specialists who follow the latest evidence-based guidelines for treating the disease.
A full spectrum of treatments are available at Nazareth, including leading-edge therapies that use the immune system to kill cancer cells. Nazareth also offers minimally invasive procedures that attack tumors without surgery. A multidisciplinary team of specialists will review your treatment choices and create a customized plan to fight your cancer.
All this means “you get expert cancer care that’s equal to that of a major academic hospital,” says Rajan Singla, MD, a medical oncologist at Mercy Hematology/Oncology at Nazareth. “But it’s close to home.”
Care with a human touch
Furthermore, at Nazareth, “we believe in treating all aspects of a person—physical, spiritual and emotional,” Dr. Singla says.
For example, an oncology nurse navigator, a specially trained nurse, will help you know what to expect at every stage of your treatment.
Other services include:
- Nutritional counseling to help you eat well and stay strong
- Outpatient therapy to help you recover from any cancer-related complications, such as fatigue, weakness or pain
- Social work services to help you find the resources you might need, such as home care or financial assistance
- A cancer support group to help ease the isolation that a cancer diagnosis sometimes brings
- Spiritual care to comfort you and your loved ones
“We truly believe in treating every concern of someone facing cancer,” Dr. Singla says.