Holiday caregiving tips
When you’re taking care of a frail family member, the holidays can be a chance to recharge and have some fun.
Try these tips for making the most of this holiday season:
- Let relatives know what your limits are—before the holiday begins.
- Keep daily routines, such as sleep times, as close to normal as possible.
- Be realistic about what you can do.
- Ask family members to visit your loved one, but not too many at once. Ask them to visit when your loved one is at his or her best.
- It is okay to go to an event that your senior family member cannot attend. It is important for you to have time with others.
- Ask friends or family members to spend time with your loved one while you are out.
Mercy LIFE offers caregiver support meetings and respite care. To ask us about Mercy LIFE services, call 215.339.4747.